Westpark Village. Experience the difference.
Life Enrichment Activities & Programs
Westpark Village offers many different types of weekly and monthly activities to keep our residents active and enjoying life. Here is a sampling of some of the programs offered to our residents:
Innovative Health & Fitness
Programs For Seniors
Our therapy room is accessible to residents 24-hours-per-day for their use. Instructional advice is also available by our activity department and in-house therapy team.
- Daily Exercise Program – Westpark Village residents meet each Monday through Friday for 45 minutes, where the program centers around cardio chair exercises, stretching and flexing, and weights. We also include rubber bands in our exercise program.
- Walking Club – To promote a healthy lifestyle, many of our residents meet to walk around the Westpark Village facilities. In addition, we drive to a walking path for a change of scenery occasionally as well. We have many residents who enjoy their daily outdoor walk.
- Assisted Living – Residents in our assisted living program enjoy a weekly group walk.
Old Costume Jewelry Sale
Westpark Village residents not only like to have fun, but they are also generous too! In September, we hosted an Old Costume Jewelry Sale where our residents and community came together to donate old jewelry to be sold for $5 or less.
Over 2700 pieces of jewelry were donated overall with 31 Westpark Village residents giving around 680 pieces. $1700 was raised to go to the American Heart Association.
- Westpark Red Hat Club – Our Red Hat ladies meet monthly where they have parties and go for outings.
- Veteran's Club – Our vets meet every other month to reminisce and enjoy each other's company.
- Men's Breakfast – Westpark gentlemen meet for breakfast to visit and discuss current events.
- Ladies Tea – Once a month we host an elegant tea party for our ladies where we visit and listen to music.
- Card games – Bingo, Bridge, Pinochle, Hand and Foot card games
- Outings – Residents enjoy structured outings to area restaurants, local theatres, concerts, the symphony and other trips.
- Other events – In addition to our scheduled activities, we also get together to share news and current events, do gardening, hold social hours, and conduct a monthly resident recipe exchanges where the food service department cooks a recipe for the residents.
- The Westpark Village van is fully accessible to meet the needs of our residents who wish to utilize its services.
- Van trips weekly for banking and shopping
- Transportation to doctor appointments
- Private car service for resident use by appointment
- Catholic Mass
- Lutheran church services
- Community church services
- Faith chapel videos
- Bible Study two times a week in the Westpark Chapel
- Congregational Christmas services
- First Baptist Christmas program
Crafts & Hobbies
- Busy Fingers – Residents who enjoy crafting and hobbies can participate in Busy Fingers, which meets weekly to do projects such as knitting, crocheting, china painting, woodworking, and other hobbies. All resident projects can be done in our activity room at any time.
Special Events Planned for Westpark Village
- Resident Appreciation Week
- Summer Barbeque
- Pig roast
- Pancake breakfasts
- Theme dinners
- Mix-up dinners
- Gazebo dinners
- Special dinners cooked by the life enrichment department
- Travel dinners to countries hosted by the resident and life enrichment departments
- Assisted living special dinner prepared by the life enrichment department
- Christmas party with entertainment and brunch
- Visits from dancing clubs
- Holiday parties
- Westpark Kitchen Band performances
- Misc. entertainment